Cal/OSHA has over 60 field inspector job opportunities available throughout California. These are field positions that conduct compliance inspections in many different settings and consult with employers on a wide range of health and safety issues. Cal/OSHA inspectors help improve health and safety conditions in workplaces and make a positive difference in the lives of California workers.
Learn more about
Questions? Contact a Cal/OSHA recruiter at CalOSHAJobs@dir.ca.gov
Multi-Site Manager of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Location Modesto, CA
The incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish in the workplace, specifically when presenting, discussing and training EHS related subject matter
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or agricultural entities
- Demonstrated success directing and managing comprehensive multimedia Environmental processes and programs including, but not limited to, CAA, CWA, RCRA, SARA and California specific programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with Cal-OSHA standards, regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated experience management Workers’ Comp programs
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Demonstrated success in an ISO / OHSAS / VPP certified, LEAN facility and Behavior Based Safety environment
- Ability to travel, overnight, on occasion
Safety and Security Coordinator
Posted: Sep 23, 2020
California Rail Builders is currently looking for a Safety and Security Coordinator for the California High Speed Rail Authority project in Wasco, CA. Benefits include a vehicle with gas card, medical and dental insurance and vacation. The position is normally a Monday through Friday schedule but some nights and weekends may be required.
- Three years heavy civil safety experience;
- OSHA 30-hour Constriction Training card: and
- Current First Aid/CPR certified
- Thorough knowledge of Cal/OSHA Title 8
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Incident and Accident investigation
- Develop and write safety policies and procedures
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in the positio,n please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Sep 08, 2020
Safety Management Systems is looking for a safety consultant for an opportunity here in Bakersfield, CA. This is a short term (3-4 month) opportunity with potential to become a full time position.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials & experience:
- 2 years of upstream oil and gas experience,
- Must have OHST or ASP certification, but CSP is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or a related field is preferred
Sr. Recruiter, SMS- Pipeline
Field Safety Advisor
Posted: Aug 31, 2020
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, i coordinate with the Project Managers and Safety Manager
- Support in the day to day operations of the safety department.
- Coach, mentor, and implement HS&E programs in the field.
- Assist with company compliance with all applicable legislation and applicable standards.
- Communicate to management team, supervision, and personnel of any new site safety regulation, safety procedure or client rules that could impact the project.
- Audit the JHA/JSA for compliance, job scope criteria, and give feedback in areas of improvement.
- Review and implement the client’s special safety requirements and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement.
- Represent the company, customer, and their employees to identify strengths and areas of improvement of knowledge and training of safety in the work environment.
- Perform safety audits of company crews while on job sites and perform periodic compliance audits as well as BBS
- Documentation of safety audit findings
- Correct, document, address all safety items, conditions, or safety concerns that can be corrected while on site. Utilize Stop Work Authority if IDLH to Personnel, Process, Product and or Property are identified.
- Lead or assist with accident or near miss investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions. Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and documented.
- Immediately stop any work where there is imminent danger.
- Participate in the safety committee.
- Ensure that sufficient PPE is available and used appropriately.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is properly maintained, inspected, calibrated, and repaired or put out-of-service as necessary.
- Ensure that all vehicles are inspected and properly maintained to include ensuring that they have the required safety items stored properly to include fire extinguishers, first aid kit, safety data sheets, accident reporting kits, etc.
- Confidential information may be visible and/or available due to the nature of the position, this confidential proprietary information and use of this information is for business purposes only.
- Travel may be required