Safety Management Systems (SMS) is seeking candidates for an immediate safety specialist opening in the Bakersfield area.
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery and Petrochemical markets, is currently looking for Safety Specialists to join our team in Bakersfield, California.
Job Summary: Promote, establish, communicate, and implement safety expectations and initiatives; monitor and stimulate execution with contractor’s safety policy, rules, and procedures; and monitor conformance with project and site safety execution plans and implement improvements where appropriate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend and document pre-shift safety meetings
- Perform and document stop -work actions as needed
- Prepare reports for business unit and HSE regarding contractor performance
- Organize hazard hunts and document resolution of found issues
- Perform presentation and training on site specific safety orientation
- Verify contractor compliance with written HSE program and regulatory reporting documents
- Monitor and report of contractor safety targets
- Assist business unit and HSE in performing contractor evaluations
- Verify contractor has training in place for scope of work
- Perform a weekly “sampling” review of contractor’s JSA’s
- Participate in investigation and follow-up of incidents/accidents; prepare notifications/reports for communication of significant incidents to company project/functional management per project incident reporting procedures
- Communicate HSE expectations to contractors, third party contractors and rig personnel
- Review and document all Incidents and near misses, communicate these to the BU and EHS, assist in developing corrective actions as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree Safety, Environmental, Industrial Engineering/ Technology or a related field is a plus.
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP, CSP, OSHA 500).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HSE Advisory role within the oil and gas industry, with emphasis on heavy civil and mechanical construction.
- Must be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and experienced in EHS Management systems.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and callouts when needed.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Written skills include the ability to write memos, reports, and other correspondence. Verbal skills include the ability to speak to large groups of people making presentations, excellent telephone skills, and good interpersonal skills.
Acadian’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.
Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety Consulting Services
Posted: Jul 09, 2019
If your firm is interested in being considered to provide Safety Consulting Serive to the West Kern Water District, please download and review the Request for Proposals.
You can then submit your qualifications with references and the associated proposal to Tami Sivils at email@example.com or mail to PO Box 1105, Taft, CA 93268.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL IS JULY 31, 2019.
Posted: Jul 09, 2019
A-C Electric Company is seeking a successor to our Safety Director. If you love a challenge, are energized by leading leaders and identify with the characteristics below, we want to hear from you!
Environmental/Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Posted: Jul 02, 2019
Bolthouse Farms – Bakersfield, CA
The EH&S Compliance Specialist’s primary function is to support compliance with all permit requirements and regulations governing the operations. The EH&S Compliance Specialist is responsible for the coordination and compilation of data required to complete all government, regulatory, and compliance documents for all business units as assigned. This position is responsible for providing subject matter leadership, guidance and expertise regarding all aspects of compliance for Ag Op’s and Manufacturing. A primary responsibility will be to continuously review, audit and evaluate all activities to identify improvement opportunities and support compliance with applicable regulations (air, water, dust, pressure vessels, transportation, etc.). The position is also responsible for the following: GAP, food safety, quality practices, and all work safety guidelines.
Posted: Jun 27, 2019
Risk Managers work with our customers on a strategic level to develop a cultural focus on the mitigation of injury and physical loss in the workplace. BBSI’s Risk Managers are experienced professionals with experience across a variety of industries, providing value to our clients through a consultative approach, building a zero loss culture. We offer manageable customer ratios allowing our professional Risk Managers to spend the time required to make a difference for our clients.
Submit an inquiry about this position