“The scholarships are intended to promote an education path that will lead to, or support, employment in the fields of environmental, safety, occupational health, risk management, or industrial hygiene. Download the program and application and return to the Scholarship Chair.”
- 2019-2020 Scholarship Requirements (docx)
- 2019-2020 Scholarship Application (docx)
- BCSP Test Reimbursement Request (docx)
For more information, contact David Mersereau.
2019 Scholarship Recipient Shane Kelley – Columbia Southern
2019 Scholarship Recipient Wilson Jones – Bakersfield College
2018 Bakersfield Chapter Scholarship Recipients
Aaron Aragon- Recipient of $5,000 scholarship
California State University, Bakersfield
BS Degree: Environmental Resource Management with a concentration in Occupational Safety and Health Management
- Recipient of the National Leadership Award from the Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Recipient of the Outstanding Leadership Award from Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps
- Student Manager of Marketing, CSUB Student Recreation Center
- Project manager of the CSUB Division of Student Affairs Runner Nights Marketing Team
- Student Conductor and Leader of the CSUB Pep Band
Chad San Juan- Recipient of $2,500 scholarship
California State University of Dominguez Hills
Master Program: Quality Assurance: Manufacturing Option. Most of my projects focused on applying principals from quality assurance to environmental, health and safety.
- Obtained Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) designation in March 2014.
- Obtained Associate Safety Professional (ASP) designation in November 2015.
- Obtained Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) designation October 2017.
- Obtained Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation January 2018.
Michael Crow- Recipient of $2,500 Scholarship|
Columbia Southern University
Bachelors of Science in Occupational Safety & Health
- Began working in Occupational Safety & Health in 2001.
- Graduated with an Associates of Arts from Ventura College in 2001.
- Completed Cal-State University Bakersfield’s Safety and Risk Management Program 2006.
- Member of the American Society Of Safety Engineers Bakersfield Chapter since 2007
- Obtained Occupational Safety and Health Technologist from The Board of Certified Safety Professionals 2008
- Planning on obtaining Certified Safety Professionals from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals 2019.
- Currently studying full time, volunteering on the Montague Fire Department’s fire and rescue squad, and devoted dad to three amazing kids that make him and their mother proud.