- November 6, 2019
7:00 am - 8:45 am
Topic Maximum Allowable Quantities of Hazardous Materials
Kevin will help us better understand this topic by answers questions like…What products must be in a fire cabinet? What products do not? How do we calculate quantities? Are aerosol cans included? How does the occupancy type of the building impact these requirements? What if there is a sprinkler system present? What if there is no sprinkler system? How is the fire code different than title 8? Insights on how to select the right numbers for the infamous NFPA placard (and where to put them).
Speaker Kevin H. Scott – President, KH Scott & Associates LLC
Kevin Scott is President of KH Scott & Associates LLC. Kevin has extensive experience in the development of fire safety, building safety and hazardous materials regulations. Kevin has actively worked for over 30 years in the development of fire code, building code and fire safety regulations at the local, state, national and international levels. Kevin previously worked as a Senior Regional Manager with the International Code Council, and before that, he was Deputy Chief for the Kern County Fire Department, California, where he worked for 30 years. He has developed and presented many seminars on a variety of technical subjects including means of egress, high-piled combustible storage, hazardous materials, and plan review and inspection practices. He has authored or co-authored over ten books including the 2018 Fire Code Essentials and Significant Changes to the 2018 International Fire Code.
Kevin’s constant work to improve fire and life safety has been recognized on many levels. His contributions have been acknowledged by various organizations when they presented him with the following awards:
- Honorary Member of ICC in 2017
- Mary Eriksen-Rattan Award in 2013—presented by the Southern California State Fire Prevention Officers’ Association
- William Goss Award in 2009—presented by the California State Firefighters Association
- Fire Official of the Year Award in 2005—presented by the California Building Officials
- Robert W. Gain Award in 2003—presented by the International Fire Code Institute
- Kern County Fire Department Employee of the Year—presented by the Kern County Exchange Club
$13 per person, Cash/Check/Credit/debit cards accepted/$5 Student Members of ASSP/$5 Emeritus Members of ASSP