The successful candidate will work as a Senior Environmental Project/Program Manager/Senior Advisor (SA) for Major Environmental Projects’ Licensing Section, train and advise staff on technical, compliance, and strategic matters, and manage select high risk/visibility projects (>>$30M) that require strong relationships between SCE and external party stakeholders, the formulation of complex major project licensing and execution strategies, and collaboration with the CPUC and multiple state and federal agencies. The SA will advise all levels of leadership within SCE on how projects meet state and federal environmental and other regulatory requirements. The SA will provide interdisciplinary expertise in environmental regulatory frameworks including CEQA/NEPA and associated resource areas (e.g. Aesthetics, Agriculture, Air Quality, Biological Resources, Cultural Resources, Geology, Hazardous Materials, Hydrology, Land Use, Noise, Population, Recreation, Transportation, water quality, and other resources).
- Provide expert environmental consultant services to SCE Organizations including T&D, Generation, Advanced Technologies, Regulatory Affairs, SCE Legal, Government Lands, and other organizations for environmental planning, permitting, licensing, and construction strategy and compliance, primarily for major electric infrastructure projects. Act as SCE environmental liaison with all stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Provide consultation with SCE mid-level and senior leadership with respect to environmental compliance that guides SCE’s long term goals, including company goals for major transmission, substation and other grid facilities.
- Provide strategic recommendations and highlight risk regarding intent of environmental laws and regulations to support SCE project development and execution. Lead environmental review/ comment efforts on proposed legislation related to renewable bulk transmission line projects, and grid of the future.
- Continuously update strategies/processes/procedures to ensure consistency/standardization of approach across ESD, while identifying innovative solutions for the program and on project-specific basis, in accordance with agency regulation to improve corporate environmental compliance effectiveness.
- Manage select high visibility/high risk projects. Manage MEP Division-wide spend forecasting, schedules, train and guide staff on technical matters and licensing strategies, prepare dashboards and status reports, and work closely with the section manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental planning, other environmental studies or related discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of environmental planning, program, project, and/or environmental contract management experience.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience leading/managing environmental scope, spend and schedule pursuant to planning, siting, permitting, licensing, and construction of major electric infrastructure projects.
- Experience with local, state and federal regulations related to major project development.
- Master’s degree in environmental planning, other environmental studies or related fields.
- Three (3) or more years of experience developing and leading/executing Opportunities, Constraints and Concerns team evaluations and Siting Analyses for major energy infrastructure projects.
- Excellent public speaking and communications skills and experience.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work at the PIV offices.
- Position will require up to 50% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.