Location Wonderful Citrus Packing LLC – Delano, CA
Under general direction, the Senior Director-Environmental, Health and Safety will have responsibility for the development, communication, implementation, and monitoring of the environmental, health and safety programs/systems for the entire Wonderful Citrus Operational footprint (Mexico, Texas and California). To ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; be the subject matter expert for internal and external matters relating to occupational safety and environmental related concerns and for setting the strategic vision for EH&S for all Wonderful Citrus as well as performing related duties as required.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Provides vision, leadership, and technical expertise in the areas of occupational safety; advise management on loss control and risk reduction strategies; provide consultation and technical assistance.
- Responsible and accountable for assisting in the preparation, submission, and documentation of all EPA and OSHA Reporting Requirements, up to but not limited to OSHA 300 Log, MS Hazardous Waste Generators Annual Report, and MS Air Emissions Annual Inventory Report
- Responsible for assisting and ensuring the timely completion and accurate submission of all incidents reporting to the Management team
- Tracks and provides insight into common issues, trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce losses and incident costs; maintain information and performance measurement systems to ensure that loss information is tracked and effectively communicated.
- Develops, conducts/oversees and supervises EHS Training, including external regulatory and internal management programs
- Responsible for the approval and procurement of EHS for Waste Characterization and Disposal, PPE, Noise Testing, Training Resources, and any other Environmental, Health, and Safety vendors as required.
- Oversees all OSHA-recordable and environmental incident investigations for all Wonderful Citrus Operations.
- Ensures required regulatory training is conducted, documented and attendance records maintained for all employees
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and implements global best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable corporate, federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Reviews internal EHS policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate, and that training and documentation is properly completed for all Wonderful Citrus EHS.
- Liaises with The Wonderful Company EH&S to ensure that practices, policies and resources are fully utilized across the Wonderful Citrus organization.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related field.
- +10 years of relevant occupational safety experience in a large organization with regional responsibility.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge Environmental & Occupational Safety Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001 or OSHA’s VPP and their implementation.
- Has previous experience in developing and accessing companies against an Environmental & Occupational Safety Management System such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or OSHA VPP.
- Consistently demonstrates strong interpersonal skills along with ability to influence and/or persuade others.
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, executive orders and laws; conduct tests and inspect work areas, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety, environmental and security regulations.
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE); meet physical demands of position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal regulations for industry: EPA, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative analytical skills.
- Requires leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to be effective with a wide range of personnel; ability to work effectively in teams and independently.
- Requires a working knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have experience in creating reports/updates and delivering presentations to executive leadership.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), by the Institute of Safety & Health Management, or possession of other applicable certification.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee referral program – $1,000 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.