Buttonwillow Warehouse Company – Bakersfield, CA
The Safety Specialist works with the Safety Manager and Branch Managers, providing guidance and assistance as required to promote a safe work environment.SCHEDULE Monday-Friday; Holidays, weekends, and overtime may be required at times.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day operations of the safety department.
- Assist with company compliance for applicable laws and regulations
- Assist in creating and implementing workplace health and safety plans and procedures.
- Partner with Safety Manager and Branch Managers to ensure proper and effective implementation of safety rules.
- Facilitates productive discussions among employees and management relative to safe workplace practices.
- Address any conditions or practices that may adversely affect personnel safety with Safety Manager and/or Management Team
- Help maintain and manage the EHS programs, policies, and procedures that comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Identifies and implements new safety outreach and education strategies and approaches.
- Requests and collects employee feedback and suggestions on safety procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts or facilitates employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits at various branch locations.
- Must maintain a current, valid Driver’s License.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety policies and applicable OSHA and Cal OSHA and CUPA standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with public speaking ability a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate other employees
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Work)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of agriculture industry
- Strong training and interpersonal skills
- Spanish bilingual (preferred)
Education And Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of safety experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous Agriculture experience (preferred)
- RMP/PSM experience (preferred)
- Certified CPR Trainer (preferred)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays