Location(s) This position will be based out of Wasco, CA with responsibilites for both the South Valley Farms operation and the South Valley Almond Company processing plant.
Company Profile AgReserves, Inc. is a multi-national, multi-corporate company that operates investment farms and ranches throughout the world. The Permanent Plantings Division, one of the company’s business units, includes (among other operations): Almonds and Pistachios in Wasco, CA; Walnuts and Prunes in Chico, CA.
Description Reporting to the Safety Director, the Safety Manager is responsible for the development and administration of safety procedures, programs, and practices for their assigned geographic stewardship and be an active participant of the local management team(s). The Safety Manager will function as an advisor to local management on regulatory issues and together will ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations with a focus on the continuous improvement of safety practice. The Safety Manager will also participate on company wide inititiatives as appropriate.
- B.S. Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Eight years progressive experience in the development and management of safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Incident investigation expertise.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills (writing, presentation, data organization). Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Cal-OSHA and EPA standards.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Must have valid CA driver’s license.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer Certification preferred.
- CPR & First Aid Trainer Certification preferred.
- Agricultural or processing industry experience preferred.
Salary/Benefits Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time employees receive excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Group Term Life, Disability, Retirement Savings Programs (401k and Retirement Plus Plan), Flex-Spending, and other value-added benefits.
To Apply Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Safety Manager ” in the subject line.