LOCATION Stockton, CA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
THE IDEAL EH&S LEADER WILL
- Have a passion for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Be capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives* *
- Have a relentless pursuit for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction.
- Possess outstanding follow-up and drive to closure skills for projects and corrective actions.
- Review and analyze data to determine the next opportunity to pro-actively improve EH&S performance.
- Experience with innovative EH&S compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior-based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing, and sustaining EH&S programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing Environmental Permits and Programs within California.
- Performs a variety of EH&S Tasks including but not limited to: Leading the local OSHA and EPA Compliance activities, Managing Work Comp Claims with our Third-Party Administrator, Initiating, driving, and managing key injury prevention activities, Collaborating with others, Engaging associates, and Monitoring and managing our leading and lagging indicators. Ability to manage facility compliance with site air and storm water permits as well as local CUPA regulations dealing with waste management and emergency planning.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements, these activities include but are not limited to Safe Operating Procedures, Lockout/Tagout, Hearing Conservation, Fall Prevention/Protection, Machine Guarding, and Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Administers environmental compliance activities related to air permitting, storm water management, SPCC compliance, Business Plan/CRTK reporting, etc., including but not limited to: tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintains effective relationships with external parties such as: regulatory agencies/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Conducts routine audits and inspections of our environmental procedures and controls. Recommends and facilitates corrective actions to maintain the effectiveness of the procedures and controls.
- BS degree, preferably in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental related discipline and 3+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of Air Permits, SPCC and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Programs, and Waste Management. Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.