Under the specific direction of the Health & Safety Manager, the HSE Staff Technician performs varied duties for the Regulatory Affairs Team. In addition, the person hired will provide support generating reports, maintaining records, and other duties as required. The position will actively work with field personnel, engineers, regulatory agencies, and other departments to assist in regulatory compliance, and implement daily inspections of equipment at company’s leases to ensure compliance with HSE regulations. This position will be based in the Bakersfield will report directly to the Health & Safety Manager based in Bakersfield.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Conduct daily inspection of assigned leases to ensure compliance with all regulations relevant to oil and gas operations
- Responsible for facilitating monthly safety meetings
- Responsible for training all employees to ensure that company is in compliance with relevant agencies
- Responsible for maintaining training records
- Performs incident investigations under the direction of the Health & Safety Manager
- Ensures that contractors are in compliance with all regulations relevant to the scope of work they are performing on E&B’s behalf
- Helps facilitate drug & alcohol screening
- Helps prepare Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP)
- Help prepare Spill Prevention, Control and Counter (SPCC) measure plans documentation
- Assist all regulatory agency inspections concerning HSE matters
- Maintain all permits, inspection reports, documentation and recordkeeping related to environmental compliance
- Coordinate with consultants and internal staff to obtain necessary information required for compliance reports
- Perform related duties as assigned by Safety Manager
- Conduct activities for the Air Quality Scientist
- Associate degree minimum in environmental science, safety, or related field. Solid job-related work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Must have at least two (2) years of oil and gas experience (other selected industry experience or completion of HSE related courses will be considered in lieu of experience)
- Must have two (2) years safety regulatory experience
- Must have one (1) year of training oil field workers
- Must have two (2) year of record keeping experience
- Field experience a plus
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Knowledge of air, environmental and safety programs
- Knowledge and experience regarding HSE permitting requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work as team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Strong problem solving skills
- Computer use skills required
- Must be able to make trips to company’s sites at various locations
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout
- Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment
- The following physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as hot and cold temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and loud noises.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Some overtime and weekends will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Contact Sarah Layton in Human Resources at (661) 679-1759 or visit http://www.ebresources.com/careers/.