Location: Bakersfield, CA
IES Electrical Systems has an excellent career opportunity for a Field Safety Specialist. Successful candidates will assist the safety team by assuring compliance with regulatory, Client, and IES policies and procedures. Field Safety specialists will remain current and compliant with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, policies and best industry practices.
ABOUT IES ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
IES Electrical Systems is a growing company that prides itself on offering high quality, turn-key engineering and electrical services to a variety of clients. We believe that our best representation comes from our team’s commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. Our commitment to planned growth and innovation ensures exceptional career opportunities. Our talented team is made up of high-achieving individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience, all contributing uniquely to the IES Electrical Systems vision. IES is dedicated to fostering skills development and helping our people to build rewarding careers.
- Assists with the ongoing implementation and compliance of Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
- Conducts safety meetings and client presentations
- Assists with incident management by performing various incident management roles
- Builds presentations and informational products using Microsoft Office and other computer-based program tools
- Inputs and performs analysis on health and safety information
- Performs accurate risk assessment using various risk assessment tools
- Writes pre-work job safety plans in various formats for industry-specific work and tasks
- Facilitates the functions of the IES Behavioral Based Safety Program
- Participates in safety meetings and conference calls for information sharing and continuity
- Conducts gap and barrier analysis for Safety Management Systems with recommendations of improvement actions
- Performs training on various topics as needed or directed by Safety Manager
- Provides on-site support to IES team members, including the distribution of personal protective equipment
- Supports our contraband control measures by coordinating random drug screenings and reasonable suspicion
- Job duties are subject to change based on the needs of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Any designation from a recognized agency, such as the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (preferred)
- Two (2) years of safety-related experience
- Any Safety related certifications and/or training a plus
SALARY Depending on experience.
As part of an extensive benefits package, IES Electrical Systems offers medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with elective life, long term disability, short term disability, cancer care and health savings and flexible spending account options. IES also provides a robust PTO package, and an attractive safe-harbor 401(k) retirement savings plan.
IES Electrical Systems will provide relocation assistance in the form of one or more of the following: temporary transitional lodging, reimbursement or advance against expenses, or per diem. Reimbursement or advancement will be subject to the terms of a relocation agreement. IES Electrical Systems will audit expenses against the relocation agreement and employees must document all receipted expenses claimed for reimbursement. Final details of relocation assistance will be provided upon offer of position.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. The EHS work group’s regular days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 am to 4:30 pm. This position may require additional hours and/or weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IES Electrical Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IES Electrical Systems complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. IES Electrical Systems expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IES’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.