Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, i coordinate with the Project Managers and Safety Manager
- Support in the day to day operations of the safety department.
- Coach, mentor, and implement HS&E programs in the field.
- Assist with company compliance with all applicable legislation and applicable standards.
- Communicate to management team, supervision, and personnel of any new site safety regulation, safety procedure or client rules that could impact the project.
- Audit the JHA/JSA for compliance, job scope criteria, and give feedback in areas of improvement.
- Review and implement the client’s special safety requirements and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement.
- Represent the company, customer, and their employees to identify strengths and areas of improvement of knowledge and training of safety in the work environment.
- Perform safety audits of company crews while on job sites and perform periodic compliance audits as well as BBS
- Documentation of safety audit findings
- Correct, document, address all safety items, conditions, or safety concerns that can be corrected while on site. Utilize Stop Work Authority if IDLH to Personnel, Process, Product and or Property are identified.
- Lead or assist with accident or near miss investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions. Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and documented.
- Immediately stop any work where there is imminent danger.
- Participate in the safety committee.
- Ensure that sufficient PPE is available and used appropriately.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is properly maintained, inspected, calibrated, and repaired or put out-of-service as necessary.
- Ensure that all vehicles are inspected and properly maintained to include ensuring that they have the required safety items stored properly to include fire extinguishers, first aid kit, safety data sheets, accident reporting kits, etc.
- Confidential information may be visible and/or available due to the nature of the position, this confidential proprietary information and use of this information is for business purposes only.
- Travel may be required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety policies and applicable Federal OSHA, Cal OSHA, and DOT standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with public speaking ability a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Performing Safety Training will be an ability that is required.
- Have the ability to recognize safety conditions and concerns. Bringing solutions to safety concerns is a plus.
- The ability to communicate safety information with a positive attitude.
- Must have computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- Must be organized
- Understanding and knowledge of Hazardous waste, confined space, confined space rescue, and the oil and gas industry
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of safety experience
- Professional Safety Credentials (Preferred STS, CHSP, OHST, but not required)
- High School Diploma
- Certified HAZWOPER 40 Hr. Trainer (Preferred, not required)
- Certified CPR/First Aid/ AED Trainer (Preferred, not required)
- Certified MSHA 48 Trainer (Preferred, not required)
Cooperation – Establish and maintain effective relationships. Exhibit tact and consideration; provide help and support to co-workers; respond well to questions; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflict.
Performance Coaching – defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Team Leadership – Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Adaptability – Adapts to change in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follow instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Benefits & Wages
25$ to 30$ per hr., depending on experience
Please send resumes to email@example.com.