Environmental Waste Minimization Inc. is a full-service environmental services and construction company servicing the Bakersfield, CA region and beyond as well as national clients. We currently have an opening for a Health & Safety Officer. We are looking for an organized and dedicated individual who is able to carry on the EWMI reputation of providing responsive and informed services. This position will report to the Bakersfield, CA office but will primarily be in the field overseeing Health & Safety on job sites. Duties and assignments will be based on level of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project assignments include providing health & safety oversight on field projects involving hazardous waste, confined space entry, Haz Mat emergencies and other environmental remediation and construction work.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Develop and implement controls for hazardous conditions and practices.
- Developing site-specific health & safety plans
- Assist in the development of specialized education and training materials.
- Conduct specialized safety training including site daily tailgate meetings.
- Completes all required permits for job sites.
- Assist in new employee occupational health and safety orientation.
- Coordinate compliance activities and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties assigned by management
- Must possess strong computer and math skills along with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Attend and successfully complete related specialized and technical training and education seminars/classes that will relate directly to this position
- Requirements include extended overnight travel.
- Reports directly to the Corporate H&S Director.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a Safety related field a plus or 1-3 years of industry experience
- Safety and Industry related Certifications are a plus.
- Training experience is a plus.
Interested parties should contact Joseph J. Fittos III via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.