Our focus is business owners. Is yours?
Everything we do at BBSI is in support of business owners. We facilitate conversations around a broad range of organizational areas that allow business owners to run their companies more effectively. With 63 branches across the country, our large footprint and decentralized structure allow us to offer our clients a high-touch, relationship-based experience. We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them and enable them to view their businesses—and their roles as owners—differently. Every business owner is on a journey. BBSI is with them every step of the way.
BBSI (Nasdaq) is experiencing a steady rate of growth and is looking for key employees to complement our existing teams. The Risk Consultant role provides leadership to our business-owner clients and our internal team of experts.
The BBSI Risk Consultant primary objective is to help business owners maximize their investment in human capital through establishment of best practices, specifically focusing on enterprise risk management and risk mitigation strategies that jointly and positively impact client and BBSI initiatives and profitability. Additionally, the Risk Consultant will partner with client companies to educate and influence them on matters involving the promotion of a proactive risk management culture, occupational health and safety and behavior based safety.
This person must demonstrate strong business acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to proactively and consistently deliver results for our clients and internal teams.
This position is a full time, exempt position that is accountable to the Director of Risk Management, the Area Manager and respective Business Unit(s).
- Solid understanding of occupational health and safety principles and practices
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment
- Worker’s Compensation Claims management and coordination
- Multi-client consulting experience a must
- Experience working directly with business owners a plus
- Understanding of safety culture and ability to demonstrate how to shift one
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting root cause analysis for risk mitigation
- Demonstrated experience with customer collaboration
- Process Control and Continuous Improvement experience preferred
- Ability to benchmark, measure, analyze and articulate the value of risk management initiatives, practices and policies
- At least 10 years of risk management, occupational health and safety and regulatory experience required.
- Ideally the candidate will have a professional certification(s) such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), ARM (Associate in Risk Management), RPIH (Registered Professional Industrial Hygienist), CHMM (Certified Hazardous Materials Manager), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist), Six Sigma (Black or Green Belt) or an equivalent certification.
- Candidate must have operations and/or consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to write, develop and deliver successful presentations to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Risk mitigation from insurance industry preferred, but not required
- Roughly 70% of time spent with clients at their location – primarily local
- EHS management or EHS mitigation skills include, but are not limited to:
- Facility, job site and pre-construction surveys
- Regulatory compliance, including OSHA consultations
- Driver safety, fleet safety, loss control
- Return to work programs and implementation
- Safety champion identification and development
- Train-the-trainer occupational safety training programs
For Individuals with these requirements, this position offers at a minimum:
- Generous base salary, profit sharing, 401k with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program and comprehensive benefits package
- Knowledge that you are working for a results oriented and growing organization
- Opportunity to impact the success and growth of client companies and BBSI
- Gain experience working in multiple industries
If you meet the above requirements, we welcome the opportunity to learn more about you. For more information, visit us at https://bbsi.com/.