NOW HIRING for an Environmental Health & Safety Analyst at our Bakersfield Environmental Lab!
Pace’s Bakersfield Environmental lab is a leading environmental laboratory located in Bakersfield, CA and is a member of the largest privately held environmental testing agency in the country. We are adding full-time team member as an EHS Analyst.
Why Work at Pace
Mission Statement: Working together to protect our environment and improve our health.
- Benefits start first of the following month you start!
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
- Employee Referral – refer someone, if they are hired and stay 30 days, you earn a $1,000 bonus
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Life, disability and voluntary benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Program
- Monday- Friday, 9:00AM to 5:30PM
Tasks for the day
- Provides a variety of EHS support with knowledge covering multiple areas of operations, including testing, inspections, reporting, administration and related areas; involves more intermediate to complex EHS areas.
- Provides intermediate to complex support in the application and assistance to staff and management regarding EHS policies, programs and practices.
- Facilitates training and meetings on EHS policies, programs and practices.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations; receives guidance and direction or escalates when required.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Attention to detail and teamwork are key!
- High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of environmental, health and related safety, operations, or related experience; Associates degree preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Shipment of Hazardous Materials could be required depending on area of assignment.
Where you work
- Lab setting – subject to chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors, and related items in a lab and samples setting
- Setting requires standing for extended periods of time