Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) – Edwards, AFB, CA.
ASRC Federal on the ASTROS contract supports Propulsion Research efforts in many areas. Our Safety Professional will lead our safety support to all sites on the AFRL. Our Safety Professional will be based out of the AFRL Safety Office and will provide interface with all Customers and all employees working at the AFRL. This position will serve as a resource to ensure test and facility support is properly planned, documented and personnel learn to be responsible for their and others safety. This position will be expected to lead by example.
- Support the AFRL by performing routine visits and evaluations to ensure test areas and work sites are working in a safe environment.
- Lead and educate employees on safe work ethics, practices, and behaviors. Work with onsite supervision and personnel to ensure that all regulatory, customer and company Safety and Health policies, procedures, and programs are being adhered to.
- Work with other professionals from Systems Engineering, Weapons Safety and Industrial Health professionals and communicate practices and supporting all work locations.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of Federal, State and Air Force (AF) Safety and Health Regulations.
- Demonstrated background in Safety Management
- Must have experience performing and writing a Safety Hazard Analysis
- Demonstrated history of writing and implementing safety plans and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge and usage of MS Office Tool Suite
- Must be able to influence personnel that do not work directly for you
- Must be able to work out in the field performing reviews and monitoring work efforts
- Preferred understanding of Industrial Hygiene processes
- Review safety documents, perform inspections and provide guidance to customers
- Must have an excellent knowledge in managing Workplace incidents
- A background in Quality Assurance would be preferred
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor Must have excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to make professional presentations to the customer
- Must be punctual with attendance at the work site and reporting information to the customer
- Shall be required to provide Safety training to personnel at the AFRL
- 4-5 Years of Experience in progression to leadership in the field of Safety
- College Degree or Safety Related Certifications (such as CSP) preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- May be required to work off standard shifts
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and extreme cold
- Must be able to work at heights
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance for: OSHA, CalOSHA, and other local, state and federal policies and laws Clearance
- DOD Secret Clearance required