Wonderful Citrus – Visalia, CA
The Environmental, Health and Safety Supervisor drives and maintains a safe work environment by overseeing safety and security operations, developing and enforcing safety policies to ensure a safe work environment for employees, temporary employees, contractors and visitors.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development.
- Provide support to Ranch Managers, Supervisors and other field level employees whenever necessary.
- Serves as a principal source of information on health and safety issues.
- Assists with the development and administration of safety and environmental programs.
- Conduct and/or coordinate employee safety training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and safe use of equipment.
- Perform safety assessments of various facilities including farming yards, nurseries, and shops to ensures compliance with local, state and federal guidelines regarding emergency and security.
- Conduct job hazard assessments on machinery, processes, and new tasks to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Investigate work related accidents and near-miss incidents, to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions.,
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to supervisors and employees on safety initiatives.
- Assist senior supervisor with environmental compliance, including permit tracking.
- Develop and conduct tailgates specific to our farming operations for our employees.
- Conduct behavioral based safety observations in the field (nurseries, shops, farming).
- Monitor employee training compliance percentages in efforts to reach 100% employees trained annually.
- Ability to work independently
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Associates/ Bachelor’s degree from 2-4-year university in Business, Management, Occupational Safety or related field preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in EHS leadership, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly preferred to have QAL
- First Aid/ CPR certified
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- BCSP Safety designation preferred
- Familiar with OSHA/ CAL OSHA regulations
- Advanced Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret general business items. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to comprehend basic oral and written communication. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Travel between farming locations from Madera, CA to Ventura, CA.
- May need to work alternate shifts. Weekend work required as needed.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* – $1,500 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral, * Taxes applicable.
- Full benefits package — Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.