Safesite is seeking an experienced Risk Control Consultant to join our Safety Success team that drives our vision toward a safer future. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing monitoring, and continuous improvement of Insureds’ Risk Management programs.
Services will include a wide range of conventional safety consultancy as well as technology-driven initiatives, primarily delivered via the Safesite platform. The ideal candidate is an expert in commercial workers compensation programs, risk evaluation, and industry best practices and has extensive construction or agricultural experience. In addition, the successful candidate will be instrumental in establishing and supporting, from a safety success perspective, insurance service operations which include risk management and control.
This position will report to the RVP of Safety Success and will ultimately be responsible for ensuring safety services are deployed effectively to Safesite customers and improving safety performance.
Our vision at Safesite is to eliminate workplace injuries for high-risk industries and reduce insurance costs. Thousands of workers are injured every day around the world. These hard-working mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, sisters, and brothers are the essential engine room of the world economy. Just one injury can snowball, affecting every area of a worker’s life.
We are a venture-backed, fast-growing company, providing much-needed solutions to industries that have been left behind when it comes to technology adoption. Over the next 2 years, Safesite will see rapid growth in its customer base, revenue, and operating team furthering our mission to help save the lives of workers across the world. We will not rest until every worker feels safe on the job and can be 100% confident they will go home at the end of the day.
By deploying the latest technologies into the field and capturing critical safety and risk data from the frontline workers, Safesite is able to accurately predict and help customers prevent workplace injuries. 4,000 US companies use the Safesite app and desktop portal on a daily basis to facilitate OSHA compliance activities, drive safety engagement, and dramatically reduce incidents and claim frequency. Safesite brings an advanced digital solution to the traditional loss control model and through strategic partnerships, customers can now significantly reduce expensive workers compensation costs.
Check out our website at www.safesitehq.com.
Why working at Safesite is great!
We are building a culture where all employees are welcomed and encouraged to bring their preferred, confident, and best selves to work. Through this approach, we have the diverse backgrounds and skills required for an inclusive and welcoming environment where individuals can thrive.
We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment. Together we grow and learn and continue pushing ahead by following our core values: Simplicity, Tenacity, Comradery, Aim Higher, Home Safe, and Be Agile.
- Provides customer service to key accounts to improve overall risk exposure
- Works with the business development team to attract and appoint commercial insurance brokers and their policyholders.
- Clearly communicates value and expectations to clients and peers, and aligns prospective clients with defined safety protocols.
- Consults with clients and prospects with loss prevention and risk analysis intended to positively impact their loss ratio and premium levels.
- Conducts loss analyses to help identify where potential problems stem from outside of the basic cause of recurring losses.
- Develops plans and materials required to achieve successful implementation of risk programs.
- Implements loss reduction plans to minimize accounts loss by applying research and trends from loss history and claims analysis.
- Makes recommendations and develops programs for alleviating hazardous conditions, or potential loss for clients.
- Surveys locations, equipment, operations, and safety practices and prepares reports that identify potential hazards and related underwriting risks.
- Define and coordinate regular safety performance reviews with customer safety stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations which pertain to loss control.
- Provides guidance to junior staff, especially on a project basis.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Previous Broker or Carrier experience desired
- Advanced knowledge of Workers Compensation exposures, best practices, and related risks
- Ability to collaborate with and present to C-level executives, strategic insurance buyers, and technical experts
- ASP, CSP, ARM, or other professional designation preferred
- A high degree of tech awareness. Experience with digital solutions is a plus
- Experience in risk management consulting and claims management with commercial workers compensation insurance stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Based in the West Coast
- Multilingual including English and Spanish (strongly preferred)
- Industry-leading career development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- 401K plan
- Generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays, personal days, and paid sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Generous home office stipend to help you create a comfortable and productive work setup
- Annual learning and development stipend to use on courses, conferences, or other upskilling opportunities
- Paid parental leave for new parents