The Project Safety Coordinator relentlessly supports and educates to A-C Electric Company’s safety program resulting in an accident-free workplace.
- Is passionate about a safe workplace
- Educates personnel on safety programs with enthusiasm
- Builds strong relationships with operations project personnel
- Consistently executes root cause analysis
- Ensure A-C Electric Company complies with general contractor and owner safety requirements
Additional Job Duties
- Support Crew Foreman/General Foremen in the development of Job Hazard Analyses
- Evaluate the effectiveness of safety programs through daily field walks.
- Regulatory compliance and audit oversight
- Provide coaching and mentoring for employees exhibiting unsafe behaviors and provide recognition for employees exhibiting safe behaviors
- Develop and deliver safety training and new employee orientations
- Perform and support incident investigations
- Provide regular feedback to the project team on safety areas for improvement and recognition
- Assist in the development of corrective action plans to address safety issues occurring in the field.
- Benchmark with the general contractor and other subcontractor Safety Professionals on safety-related issues
- A bachelor’s degree in Safety, or;
- Safety Certification (STSC, CHST, etc) plus 3 years experience in Safety, or;
- 5 years experience in Safety plus OSHA 30
- Ability to work independently, strong communication skills with the ability to influence behaviors